So as I wait for my night bus to Bangkok, I share with you that my tour through Southern Thailand has come to an end. I will be in Bangkok for a few days before heading up to Chiang Mai, then Chiang Rai and then to Laos.
After leaving Hat Yai, I met up with some friends in Ko Phangan for the "World Famous Full Moon Party". It was pretty insane. A lot of drunk nonsense and idiots mixed in with some good times. From there we went to Ko Tao for a few days. This island was amazingly beautiful. We took a snorkel trip around the island where I was snorkeling with some Black Tip sharks...Pretty fun. They were about 4 or 5 ft. After a few days in Ko Tao, we went to Krabi where we ended up in Ton Sai beach. The place was seriously amazing. Time literally stood still for the 5 or 6 days that I was there. I was supposed to leave on Sunday, but ended up staying until Tuesday. I did some rock-climbing for the first time and that was pretty fun. I got hooked and will definitely be hitting up some cool climbing spots in California when I get back. I left Ton Sai and got to Phuket. I got to town at 6pm, and therefore missed the bus to the beaches. I stayed at a simple hotel for 180 baht ($5.50) a night with a shared bathroom. Toured the city that night and the next morning before heading to the beaches. Got to Patong beach and got a room for 300 Baht which was the cheapest available in all of Phatong Beach. Rented a motorbike and enjoyed all of the beaches, although I spent most of my time in Kata Beach which was gorgeous. Turned in my room, and bike this morning, and came back to Phuket town where I will be leaving to Bangkok at 7:30pm and getting in around 8am. Short and sweet, since my time is running out at the internet place.
Hope all is well.
Cheers.
Peace and love from the land of smiles.
Juan Jose
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment